Skip to main content

KA - Ch 152

Chapter 152 - Perverse mother

"Li Zhuoen, are you planning to run away again!" Watching her run out with her bag, Shin Miner tried to call her back, but it was already too late.

Called a cab, Li Zhuoen ran upstairs as fast as he could. Mom, don't let anything happen to you! If anything else happens to you, what will I do? In the elevator, she folded her hands and prayed.

It was hard to wait until the elevator door stopped on the eighth floor, she rushed out and came to the door of 810, the door was hidden, she immediately pushed the door and ran in.

"Mom!" She opened the door and went straight to the bedroom, only to see that she was already lying down on the bed, and beside the bed, surprisingly, there was a man in a suit sitting there, and looking at his back, he should only be in his twenties.

At the sound of her voice, the man sitting on the edge of the bed turned back to her.

"Su Yucheng?!" When she saw that the person was actually Su Yucheng, her eyes widened in surprise.

"Li Zhuoen? Why are you here?" Su Yucheng also looked surprised at being able to see her here.

"Zhuoen, so you guys know each other?" Xu Peiyun, who was sitting on the bed, asked out loud.

"Mom, what's going on here? How come Su Yucheng is here?" Li Zhuoen was completely confused.

"Mom?!" Su Yucheng was obviously also surprised to hear Li Zhuoen call out like that.

"It's like this, mom accidentally fell outside just now, thanks to Xiaosu seeing it and then helping me back." Xu Peiyun explained.

"So is it serious? I think we'd better go to the hospital to check it out!" Hearing her mother say she had fallen, she rushed to the bedside, wanting to check exactly where she had fallen.

"It's okay, I just fell on my ankle, Xiao Su helped me rub it, it's much better now." Xu Peiyun explained.

"I was scared to death, I thought something big had happened to you! Why didn't you just tell me clearly." Just now, she was really in a hurry.

"I'm really sorry, the phone was broken by me just now." Xu Peiyun went to reach out and pointed to the broken phone that was placed on a side table.

Li Zhuoen looked away, then turned back, "I don't mean to blame you, it's just that I was worried about you, and fortunately you're nothing serious."

"It's all thanks to Xiao Su, if it weren't for him, I wouldn't have been able to walk back." Xu Peiyun said, gesturing in Su Yucheng's direction.

Li Zhuoen knew there was no way to avoid it, so she had to turn her gaze towards him, "Su Yucheng, thank you so much this time!"

"It's okay, it's just a matter of raising my hand. I didn't expect that aunt's daughter would be you, this was a surprise to me." Su Yucheng smiled. No wonder he met her and Cen Yuhao in the elevator yesterday, now he finally understood.

"Xiao Su ah, I have nothing to thank you for, why don't you stay here for dinner tonight?" Xu Peiyun said to him.

"No need, auntie, I will just go out to eat later." Su Yucheng did not want to cause her distress, so he refused her kind offer.

"The food outside is not tasty and not nutritious, how can it compare with the food at home? It's a deal, I just bought all the dishes, I'll have Zhuoen cook a few at random later, anyway, we're all neighbors, don't be polite to me, maybe I'll have to bother you with things in the future." Xu Peiyun has a non-negotiable tone.

"Auntie, I appreciate your kindness, but it's really not necessary!" Su Yucheng politely refused.

"Xiao Su, you don't see our home-cooked meals, do you? Or is it because you don't want me, an old woman, to trouble you in the future that you are repeatedly excusing yourself?" Xu Peiyun's expression began to become serious.

"This ......" Su Yucheng turned his eyes to Li Zhuoen's side.

"Why don't you stay for a casual dinner? Otherwise, my mother will feel overwhelmed." Li Zhuoen also did not want to upset her mother, so she advised.

"Okay, then I'll say thank you in advance!" Su Yucheng's heart was actually very happy. Ever since his mother passed away, he had been eating alone every day and had been bored to death, and he was eager to feel the family atmosphere again.

"It's still Zhuoen's face, as soon as she asked, you agreed." Hearing that he finally agreed, Xu Peiyun said with a smile.

The two men glanced at each other somewhat awkwardly, then double quickly separated.

"I'll go ahead and prepare dinner!" Li Zhuoen said, and walked out of the bedroom and ran into the kitchen.

Mom was really insistent on keeping Su Yucheng for dinner, too. If Cen Yuhao knew about it, he would be angry again. She thought to herself as she prepared the dishes. Let's hope today goes well!

"Is there anything I can do to help?" Su Yucheng asked, standing in the doorway.

"No, no, just wait outside, it's just some home-cooked food anyway, I can handle it alone." Li Zhuoen shook his head.

"It's okay, I have nothing to do now anyway, play a little hand, can do it faster." Su Yucheng said, already walking in.

"No need really! You're a guest, how can I trouble you?" Li Zhuoen said half politely.

"Are you rejecting me that much?" Seeing that she repeatedly rejected herself, Su Yucheng's voice carried some words of sadness.

"No! You are my mother's guest, how can I ask you to help, don't think too much about it!" Li Zhuoen hurriedly denied it.

"I know what you're still worried about," Su Yucheng said, coming into the kitchen,

"Don't worry about it, there won't be anything like last time."

What do you mean? Li Zhuoen was speculating about the meaning in his statement when he heard him continue to speak.

"I'm sorry about what happened at the party last time! I drank a little too much at that time and caused you some trouble, and I sincerely apologize to you! But something like that won't happen again." He looked at her and said it sincerely. The formation maker stayed paddled.

"Haha, did something happen last time? I forgot all about it." To avoid embarrassment, Li Zhuoen pretended that she didn't understand. But hearing him say that, she could finally breathe a sigh of relief.

"So there's no need to avoid me in the future, right?" He asked with a smile. In fact, the look of relief she just took in his eyes pierced his eyes deeply.

"By the way, where's my mom?" Li Zhuoen deliberately forked the topic.

"Auntie said she wanted to rest for a while, so I came out." Su Yucheng explained.

"Oh!" Li Zhuoen felt there was nothing to talk to him about, and feeling that the atmosphere was a bit awkward, she added, "Or you can help me peel the potatoes!"

"Good, I can still help with this favor." Su Yucheng replied, rolled up his sleeves, and came over to help.

Since it was just a home-cooked dish, it was ready in a short time. Li Zhuoen brought the last dish to the table, and Su Yucheng came out from the bedroom with Xu Peiyun.

"Thank you, Xiao Su! You should sit down and eat too!" Xu Peiyun said to him with a smile after she sat down.

"Good." Su Yucheng also took a seat at the side.

"It's all home-cooked food, don't mind if you don't mind ah Xiao Su!" Xu Peiyun greeted.

"Why would I mind? It's been a long time since I've had home-cooked food, I miss it!" Su Yucheng replied honestly.

"Then have some more! Just treat this place like your own home!" Xu Peiyun said, enthusiastically taking chopsticks and handing them to him.

"Thank you, auntie, then I'll take it easy!" Su Yucheng took it from her hand.

What's with mom? Why did she act like she liked him so much? Looking at the smile that was always on her mother's face, Li Zhuoen couldn't understand. She had never been so enthusiastic about Cen Yuhao before!

During the meal, Li Zhuoen took time to call Cen Yuhao in his bedroom and briefly told him about the situation here but did not tell him about Su Yucheng. He had said he would come over, but Li Zhuoen said it was no longer a problem, and then hung up the phone after saying a few more words.

When she returned to the dining room, she saw that her mother had been smiling.

"What is it that makes you so happy?" She sat back down in her seat.

"Xiao Su is telling me about his childhood!" Xu Peiyun said, with a smile on her face.

"Oh." Li Zhuoen responded.

"Xiao Su, I don't know why, I feel especially close to you, from now on you can come and visit often, we live so close anyway." Xu Peiyun said again.

"Mom, Manager Su is usually very busy, and should not have much time." Li Zhuoen said in a lowered voice at the side.

"Yes, auntie, I'm usually very busy, but today I just happened to have something to take care of, so I came back a little earlier." Not wanting to make things difficult for Li Zhuoen, Su Yucheng refused her kind offer.

"That's such a pity!" Xu Peiyun's face was one of undisguised loss.

"Haha, don't just talk, eat your food! It will be cold in a while!" Li Zhuoen regulated the atmosphere. But she was a bit puzzled in her heart, what's wrong with her mother today? It always felt like she was a bit strange.

Su Yucheng picks up chopsticks, eating very seriously. This is the first time he ate a dish made with Li Zhuoen's hands! Maybe it's also the only time, he has to remember this taste with his heart, it's a feeling of home.

The meal was quite cordial, mainly because Xu Peiyun had a lot to say and kept on chattering without feeling awkward, but it made Li Zhuoen feel very incomprehensible. In the past, when she was in the Cen family, she said very little and hardly spoke at all, but as soon as she saw Su Yucheng, she seemed like a different person.

During the meal, Su Yucheng observed Li Zhuoen's discomfort, so just after the meal, he found an excuse to leave.

Finally, he's gone! After seeing him out, Li Zhuoen went back to her room and helped her mother back to bed to lie down.

"This Xiao Su is really nice! I don't know why, I especially like him, if only I had a son-in-law like this." Xu Peiyun said as she laid down.

"Mom, what are you talking about?" Li Zhuoen was a little angry. By saying that, wasn't she obviously denying Cen Yuhao?

"Mom is not trying to provoke you and Yuhao, I just think that like we come from such an ordinary family, although I can see that Yuhao and their families are very good to you, after all, it is a luxurious family, mom is worried that later when you are past the fresh period of love, Yuhao will treat you ......" When she spoke, her face was filled with sadness.

"Mom, how can you say that?" The more Li Zhuoen listened, the angrier she became and was about to say something good about Cen Yuhao when she felt a pair of eyes staring at them from behind, so she turned back, only to find Cen Yuhao standing there with an expressionless face.


Previous Chapter | Next Chapter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KA - Ch 58

Chapter 58 - He looks at her naked body again! Zhou Yujie packed up his things and came out of the office, and everyone was standing at the door looking at him.

KA - Ch 18

Chapter 18 – Pass o n another sad news Song Rongfen turned around and looked at Li Zhuoen. "Miss Li, I said something that you don't really like to listen to. We Cen family considered being prestigious . I don't object him to marry you, but can your words and actions be slightly decent?"

KA - Ch 28

Chapter 28 – Nosebleed When Cen Yuhao walked out of the bathroom door, it was her smooth upper body that caught his eye s . "Ah!" s he didn't expect him to come out from inside so suddenly , scared her to scream, quickly she hid h er important parts with both her hands.