Skip to main content

KA - Ch 140

Chapter 140 - First love versus current wife

The next day, Cen Yuhao brought in a group of stylists to touch up Li Zhuoen before taking her out.

The first time she came to the scene of the party, compared to the previous times, Li Zhuoen this time seems much calmer. The rich people's receptions, parties, and so on are basically the same. This time she had already prepared for it, and she had filled her stomach before coming here, so she didn't feel greedy looking at those delicious desserts. In addition, if people talk to her, she smiles at them, and if no one talks to her, she still smiles, so there is nothing wrong with that, right?

Cen Yuhao deliberately let Li Xu come along this time, mainly because he was worried that Li Zhuoen would get into some kind of trouble, which he could let him handle when the time came.

"Vice president, Mr. Qiao is over there!" Li Xu said to Cen Yuhao after he followed them in and stood beside him.

"Okay, you lead the way in front, we'll go over and say hello to Mr. Qiao." Cen Yuhao nodded his head.

"Who is Mr. Qiao?" While following Li Xu, Li Zhuoen asked.

"It's that very important collaborator of mine that I mentioned to you yesterday." Cen Yuhao explained to her, "Li Zhuoen, in a moment, you just smile and don't say the wrong thing, got it?"

"If you're afraid I'll get you into trouble, why did you drag me here so hard!" Li Zhuoen muttered in a small voice.

"What are you shredding there again!" Cen Yuhao asked discontentedly.

"I mean, I get it." She meekly replied aloud.

As they spoke, they had arrived in front of Qiao Kecheng.

"Vice president, we're here! He is one meter directly in front of you." Li Xu stopped, walked to his side, and whispered to him.

"Hello, Mr. Qiao!" Cen Yuhao took a small step forward and greeted him politely.

"Vice President Cen, I was just saying how come you haven't arrived yet! Talking about it, you're here!" Qiao Kecheng turned around, saw it was him, and happily shook hands with him.

"Let me introduce to you, this is my wife, Li Zhuoen," Cen Yuhao turned back and pointed to Li Zhuoen, then added to her, "Zhuoen, this is one of the elders I told you that I respect a lot, and also my most important collaborator now!"

When did you ever mention to me that he was an elder you respected? Li Zhuoen spat in her heart.

"So this is Vice President Cen's wife, huh? Last time I went abroad on a business trip, so I didn't have time to drink your wedding wine!" Qiao Kecheng smiled and extended his hand toward Li Zhuoen, "Hello, I'm Qiao Kecheng, I've wanted to meet you before, but I just never found the opportunity."

Li Zhuoen had what she felt was the most appropriate smile on her face, and then reached out her hand as well, "Hello, Mr. Qiao, it's nice to meet you in person! Yuhao has told me about you many times, saying that you are very smart in business and also very helpful to him!"

"Oh, you're welcome! Vice President Cen is a young talent! I'm getting old, and I'm a bit out of my depth in doing many things." Qiao Kecheng was overwhelmed by her compliments. Strangely enough, when other people said compliments, they would always turn him off, but when he heard her say them, he felt an inexplicable sense of affection.

Not bad, how can you say compliments so naturally! Cen Yuhao smiled and turned his head in her direction.

Of course, do you think I've been doing this for nothing for over 20 years! Li Zhuoen looked back at him with pride.

"Miss Li, forgive me for asking, but haven't we met somewhere before? I always feel that you look somewhat familiar." Qiao Kecheng asked.

"I don't think so, right? Usually, I rarely attend such occasions." Li Zhuoen explained, and she didn't look at him and feel familiar ah!

"I think Mr. Qiao is mistaken for someone else, right? You have also returned to China only recently, my wife has been living in the country, it is unlikely that you have met before." Cen Yuhao also analyzed aside.

"It's possible, once I get older, my eyes are not so good, you guys forgive me." Qiao Kecheng smiled to himself.

"Where it's because I look more popular, that's why you think I look like a person you used to know, right?" Li Zhuoen said again.

"Mrs. Cen is really good at talking!" Qiao Kecheng had no reason to like the woman in front of him, but of course, such a liking was simply the liking of an elder for a junior.

"I'm sorry to make you laugh." Li Zhuoen also felt that she could talk well with this old grandpa who looked a little over sixty years old.

Qiao Kecheng likes Li Zhuoen! This is quite out of Cen Yuhao's surprise, people in the circle are clear, Qiao Kecheng is notoriously difficult, almost to the point of being unapproachable, he still took a lot of work to have such a relationship with him now, but Li Zhuoen this little girl just said a few words to him, and in her opinion not much technical content at all, just because of this let him have such a great affection for her! This does seem a bit puzzling.

At this time, Qiao Kecheng's butler came over and whispered a few words to him, and after he nodded, he smiled and said to the two of them, "I have a guest over there who needs to be greeted, so excuse me for a moment."

"Mr. Qiao will be busy first if you have something to do." Cen Yuhao made a concession gesture.

"Good, I hope you guys have a good time!" Qiao Kecheng said, and after nodding to the two, he walked in the other direction.

"I can't see that you're not useless except for getting into trouble." After Qiao Kecheng walked away, Cen Yuhao teased her.

"Hey, what do you mean!" Li Zhuoen heard the sarcasm in his words.

"Old Mr. Qiao is usually very strict, but I've never seen him treat people he meets for the first time like you." Cen Yuhao voiced his doubts.

"No way, I feel that old grandpa is quite nice and approachable ah." Li Zhuoen felt very strange.

"That's because you haven't seen what he usually looks like." Cen Yuhao said back.

"It's really like that, huh?" Li Zhuoen saw that he didn't look like he was joking, but then she laughed again, "It's actually nothing, I'm already very attractive ah! Only those superficial people don't like me, right?"

This little ninny even scolded him in a roundabout way! Cen Yuhao grunted disdainfully, "You also just happened to run into it once."

"Actually, you are convinced by my hidden charm, right?" Li Zhuoen said and exaggeratedly tossed the curly hair that the stylist had carefully groomed for her just now.

"Confidence is actually very good, but beyond a certain degree, it's not good to become narcissistic." Cen Yuhao was speechless to her. This little girl is usually not narcissistic, but narcissism really kills people!

"There's no shame in admitting to being smitten by my charms!" Li Zhuoen continued to be self-absorbed.

"Li Xu, give me a plate of dessert." Cen Yuhao turned to Li Xu while Li Zhuoen was talking.

Li Xu answered and then walked to the dessert stand not far from them and took a plate of dessert over and handed it to him.

"I think you should eat something!" Cen Yuhao took a small piece of cake and tried a few times before stuffing it into her mouth.

"Why? You've ruined my makeup!" Li Zhuoen discontentedly looked at him and said while eating the cake he stuffed into her mouth, but then again this cake is quite delicious.

"Honestly, for me to admit to being smitten by your charms would indeed make me feel humiliated!" Cen Yuhao deliberately said so.

"Cen Yuhao!" Li Zhuoen lowered her voice and yelled angrily at him. This dead rat, how could it be so hard to get him to say a nice word! Did he really like her? It should be just teasing her!

"Watch your image!" Cen Yuhao reminded her very "kindly".

While the two were bickering, a woman carrying a tall glass elegantly walked in their direction.

"Yuhao, we meet again oh!" Zhang Jing came in front of them and looked at him with a smile.

Hearing her voice, Cen Yuhao's face, which originally had a slight smile, instantly dropped to freezing point.

Isn't this Cen Yuhao's ex-girlfriend? Li Zhuoen recognized her at once.

"It's so noisy here, let's go somewhere else!" He said in an icy tone, handed the plate to Li Xu, and then took Li Zhuoen's shoulder and tried to leave.

"Yuhao, are you still mad at me?" Zhang Jing asked toward Cen Yuhao's back.

"No, I'm not angry with you," Cen Yuhao stopped in his tracks, then continued, "because to me, you're nothing anymore!"

After saying this, he grabbed Li Zhuoen and walked in front of them. Li Zhuoen looked back but ran right into the line of sight Zhang Jing projected at her, her eyes shining with confidence, with a little provocation.

"Take me to the rest area there, I want to take a break." Cen Yuhao saw that she turned back, so he said to her.

"Oh." Li Zhuoen replied, then turned back.

Cen Yuhao, do you think I'll back down just because you say that? Don't forget, I'm Zhang Jing! Watching the two gradually walk away, Zhang Jing sipped the red wine in her glass and smiled at the corner of her mouth. She can guarantee that the person standing next to him now next year will be herself!

"I'm going to the bathroom, you sit here properly and don't go anywhere, got it?" After sitting for a while, Cen Yuhao said to Li Zhuoen.

"Talking like I'm a kid! Hurry up and go to your business!" Li Zhuoen waved her hand at him.

"I'll be back in a while, and when I come back I hope you haven't gone somewhere else!" Cen Yuhao uneasily admonished her one more time, then called out to Li Xu, and followed him out.

Really, talking as if she would have gotten into trouble without him, Li Zhuoen saw them go, so she muttered discontentedly.

Given the lessons learned from the last few times, this time she made a point of asking the waiter which drinks were non-alcoholic. Picking a non-alcoholic drink from the table in front of her, she picked it and drank a little.

It tasted pretty good! She smacked her lips and looked at the light green liquid in the cup. But behind the glass, she saw a woman walking in her direction.

"Miss Li, do you mind if I sit here!" Zhang Jing asked her with a smile.

"If I don't agree, you won't sit down?" Li Zhuoen felt that this person was coming from a bad place.

"Miss Li speaks with such humor!" Zhang Jing said, already sitting down in the seat beside her.

You're the one saying that's humorous! Where am I humorous? Li Zhuoen didn't have a good feeling about the woman in front of her.

"I don't think I need to introduce who I am anymore, right?" Zhang Jing asked her again after she sat down.

"I'm really sorry, I basically have trouble remembering people who aren't too important." Li Zhuoen smiled at her apologetically.

"It's okay, then I'll introduce myself again," Zhang Jing didn't get angry about it, "My name is Zhang Jing and I'm Yuhao's, first love. I think I'll definitely become an 'important' person in Miss Li's eyes in the future!"

This person is here to show off to her, right? Li Zhuoen heard her off-key tone, so she also followed her example and said in a roundabout way, "Miss Zhang should also have studied English, right? There is a grammar called 'past tense' in it, meaning it's all in the past and has no effect on the present anymore." You're just Cen Yuhao's past tense, and I'm his ongoing and future tense!

It seems that this woman is a little more difficult to deal with than she thought! Zhang Jing thought, then added, "I heard that Miss Li grew up in an orphanage?"

"It seems that Miss Zhang is very concerned about me!" Li Zhuoen waited for her to follow.

"Don't mind me, I didn't mean anything else, I'm just curious about the life in the orphanage," Zhang Jing looked at her with the look of a saintly mother, "It should be hard to live there, right?"

"Fine!" Li Zhuoen already didn't want to chat with her at all, this woman was obviously here to show her superiority!

At that moment, not far from them on the stage, the organist just finished playing a song. Zhang Jing took a look at it, then remembered a way to embarrass her and said to her, "Let's go play a piece for Old Mr. Qiao in an ensemble!"

After saying that, without waiting for Li Zhuoen's reaction, she took her hand and walked toward the stage.

After walking to the stage, Zhang Jing took the microphone: "Everyone, please be quiet!"

Hearing her words, all the people looked in their direction. Li Zhuoen did not know what she wanted to do and wanted to leave, but her hand was held tightly.

"Today is Mr. Qiao's birthday, Miss Li and I are going to play a song together to wish Mr. Qiao a happy birthday!" She said, looking in the direction of Li Zhuoen.

What? When did I say I'd play with her in an ensemble! Hearing her words, Li Zhuoen looked in her direction in surprise.

What the hell does this woman want! Cen Yuhao came back just in time to hear what Zhang Jing said, and he looked in the direction of Li Zhuoen, who was currently looking surprised.


Previous Chapter | Next Chapter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KA - Ch 58

Chapter 58 - He looks at her naked body again! Zhou Yujie packed up his things and came out of the office, and everyone was standing at the door looking at him.

KA - Ch 28

Chapter 28 – Nosebleed When Cen Yuhao walked out of the bathroom door, it was her smooth upper body that caught his eye s . "Ah!" s he didn't expect him to come out from inside so suddenly , scared her to scream, quickly she hid h er important parts with both her hands.

KA - Ch 19

Chapter 19 – Privilege for you " Celestial Empire ?" Cen Yuhao was quite dissatisfied with the term she used. "My boyfriend said that !" the second Li Zhuo en 's words came out , hurriedly she corrected herself . "I mean, my ex-boyfriend said that ."