Skip to main content

KA - Ch 189

Chapter 189 - Quid pro quo

The room was a little too quiet, and if he didn't know it, he thought it was an idle ward. Wu Fanhan lay on the bed, looking at the ceiling expressionlessly with a pair of empty eyes, and even when she heard someone open the door, she did not blink at all.

Cen Yuhao did not speak and walked quietly to her bed.

Out of the corner of her eye, she glanced at him, and she looked in his direction in surprise: “Yuhao?!”

“I thought you'd keep staring up to the ceiling.” Cen Yu said expressionlessly.

“Why are you here?” She looked at him doubtfully, and suddenly understood, “My father told you to come here!”

“Now that we're going to talk about it, do you think there's any point? I'm already here anyway.” Cen Yuhao's tone of voice was the same as before for her, and there was no change in the slightest because she was now a patient.

“I don't want to see you now, you leave right away!” Wu Fanhan then remembered her embarrassed look at this time, feeling very faceless to see him, she threw her head to the other side. She didn't think that they would meet again, it would be such an occasion, and she had a feeling of being humiliated.

“Not in a hurry,” contrary to her attitude, Cen Yuhao was not in a hurry when he spoke, he pulled over the chair placed next to the bed, and then sat down, “I just came, you are going to drive me away? That's how you treat your guests?”

“My father asked you to come and persuade me, right? I'm not going abroad!” Wu Fanhan was very clever, and she knew that her father must have brought him to persuade her.

“You think I'm here to persuade you?” Cen Yuhao sneered, “I just came to see how you gave up on yourself!”

“As you wished, now you should be satisfied!” This time she didn't refute it.

“Wu Fanhan, can you do this?” Cen Yuhao spoke very rudely, “When I was in high school, the woman who dropped a sentence to let me wait for her to become stronger, and then turned around, and resolutely stepped on the British plane, but now she has become so depraved and confused?”

“Yes, that's how I am! Now that my legs are crippled, you can sit back and relax, and I'll never pester you like I used to!” Wu Fanhan said self-deprecatingly.

“The previous Wu Fanhan would never have said such a thing.” Cen Yuhao said.

“No matter what happened before, it was 'Wu Fanhan before', and this one now is the real me! Sorry to disappoint you!” Wu Fanhan had completely lost confidence in her fate.

She seemed to suddenly think of something, then turned her head and looked at him in surprise, “You just were ... Walked in by yourself?!”

Cen Yuhao didn't answer, just stared at her very seriously.

“Your eyes?!” Watching him stare at herself so accurately, her surprise overflowed into words, “When are your eyes good?!”

“As long as you believe, miracles must exist!” Cen Yuhao deliberately did not tell her the truth but wanted to use his eyes to motivate her.

“Then it's even less likely that I'll be with you!” Wu Fanhan sneered, when he was blind before, he didn't take her to heart, but now that she had become like this, the distance between them had invisibly added an insurmountable gap.

“Wu Fanhan, haven't you woken up yet? There can be no love between me and you! You're like this, it will only make me look down on you even more!” Cen Yuhao knew that she had not yet come out of the circle she had drawn, so he said sternly.

“Cen Yuhao, do you really want me to go abroad for treatment?” Wu Fanhan suddenly flashed an idea in her mind.

“You should do that!” Cen Yuhao just replied.

“I can go abroad for treatment, but I have a condition! Will you promise me?” She looked at him with a look of determination to gamble everything.

“If you want me to give up Li Zhuoen, I'm sorry, I can't do it!” He knew her well, and when he saw the look in her eyes, he guessed it.

“Sure enough, the person who knows me best is you! Worthy of the fact that I have loved you for so many years!” Wu Fanhan smiled bitterly. In this world, if she wants to find someone who knows her better than him, she’s afraid there should be none. This is also one of the reasons why she has been clinging to him for so many years, although she knows that he will not love her, she still can't let go of him.

“Wu Fanhan, you should understand that going abroad for treatment is not for my own good! I don't have this obligation to give up Li Zhuoen for your sake!” Cen Yuhao was very angry, not because she gave up on herself, but because of her lack of self-love, she actually said such a thing in order to be able to tie him up!

“Well said realistically!” Wu Fanhan's eyes were full of tears, did he love that woman to such an extent? Their friendship of twenty years is no better than a woman who has known him for several months!

“Reality is not a fairy tale, you should have known it a long time ago!” He tried to sober her up with such a harsh reality.

“How could I not be clear! Since the summer after the middle school entrance examination, I confessed to you and you rejected me, I have long seen the facts!” Wu Fanhan said, and tears flowed out. It was the first time in her life that she had experienced what pain was!

“Since this is the case, you should understand that I will not give up Li Zhuoen for your sake, and even if you don't think about yourself, you should think about your father, who is so old and still has to worry about your things.” Cen Yuhao continued.

“Since you are not willing to give up on her, it is okay,” Wu Fanhan thought for a moment, and then took a step back, “as long as you agree to go abroad with me for treatment, you can't go back to China before you cure my illness, and you can't meet with Li Zhuoen! If one day, my leg is healed, you can get back together, how about this?”

“Impossible!” Without thinking about it, Cen Yuhao refused her request, “Wu Fanhan, your doing this will only make me look down on you even more!”

“Didn't you say your love was great? I'd love to see if you'll love each other as much as you do now if you're separated for a while! Maybe in a few months, she will have forgotten about you and thrown yourself into the arms of other men!” Wu Fanhan didn't believe how strong their relationship could be for months.

“You don't know anything, so don't comment on it!” Hearing her say this, Cen Yuhao was very angry, “It seems that today I came here in vain, you think about what is the best decision for you!”

After saying this, Cen Yuhao left the ward without looking back.

Yes, that's it, don't pay any more attention to me! There is absolutely no chance of my legs recovering, so we will never see each other again! Wu Fanhan listened as the door was closed again, and her tears kept flowing down the corners of her eyes and into her mane.

Instead of letting him pity her like this, it is better to let him hate her, so that her heart can feel better. She thought in her heart, feeling that her future was dark.

“How's Yuhao?” Seeing Cen Yuhao walk out of the ward, Wu Jingda quickly greeted him.

“I'm sorry Uncle Wu.” He looked at him apologetically.

“Can't even persuade her?” Hearing him apologize to himself, Wu Jingda understood what he meant.

“I think Fanhan needs to calm herself down for a while, and I'm sure she will figure it out.” Cen Yuhao said again.

“By the time she figures it out, I'm afraid it's too late!” Wu Jingda shook his head, “I have already contacted an authoritative doctor abroad, after he saw Hanhan's condition, he said that he would do the operation as soon as possible, the latest one week, if she missed this best time, it would be almost impossible to cure it.”

“Time is in such a hurry?” Hearing him say this, Cen Yuhao became worried again.

“I know you've done your best, thank you for coming here!” Wu Jingda is a person who understands and knows that it is not easy for him to do so.

“Uncle Wu, don't say that, it didn't help much, my heart is very unhappy not to go.” Cen Yuhao felt a little guilty.

“You can come here to persuade Hanhan, I am already very grateful, there should be something in your company, right?” Hurry up and get busy! Wu Jingda said again.

“Well, then I'll go first, Uncle Wu, take care of yourself!” Cen Yuhao knew that he couldn't help here, so he had to say goodbye to him and walked out of the hospital.

At five o'clock in the afternoon, Cen Yuhao's car appeared on time under the building of Li Zhuoen and his company.

Because she was anxious to see him, she rushed out of the office with her bag as soon as the end of work arrived.

She was relieved to see that his car was parked downstairs.

“Young madam, please get in the car!” The driver opened the car door for her.

“Thank you!” Li Zhuoen thanked him and then got into the car.

“How did you get so punctual today? I thought you wouldn't be here so fast!” After getting into the car, she smiled and asked Cen Yuhao, who was beside her.

Cen Yuhao was still thinking about Wu Fanhan, so he didn't pay much attention to what she said.

“What's wrong with you?” When she first got into the car, because she was too excited, she didn't care about his expression, and when she heard that he didn't respond to herself, she only looked in his direction, only to find that his face was very serious.

“Nothing.” Cen Yuhao only then returned to his senses.

“Today ... What happened to Miss Wu?” After hesitating for a long time, she finally asked this question.

“It's no big deal, you don't have to worry.” Not wanting her to be upset about this matter, Cen Yuhao did not tell the truth.

“Is she seriously ill?” She asked again.

“No, don't think about it, she'll be discharged from the hospital in a while.” Cen Yuhao replied.

“Then why are you unhappy? Your expression now is so serious.” Li Zhuoen felt that something must have happened to him.

“A little thing on the company, you won't understand it.” Cen Yuhao said as if he did not want to continue the discussion, so he turned his head in the direction of the car window on his side.

“Oh.” Li Zhuoen replied woodenly, although he said so, she was still vaguely worried, always feeling that he had something to hide from her, and her heart was inexplicably a little flustered as if something big would happen, was she thinking too much?


Previous Chapter | Next Chapter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KA - Ch 58

Chapter 58 - He looks at her naked body again! Zhou Yujie packed up his things and came out of the office, and everyone was standing at the door looking at him.

KA - Ch 28

Chapter 28 – Nosebleed When Cen Yuhao walked out of the bathroom door, it was her smooth upper body that caught his eye s . "Ah!" s he didn't expect him to come out from inside so suddenly , scared her to scream, quickly she hid h er important parts with both her hands.

KA - Ch 18

Chapter 18 – Pass o n another sad news Song Rongfen turned around and looked at Li Zhuoen. "Miss Li, I said something that you don't really like to listen to. We Cen family considered being prestigious . I don't object him to marry you, but can your words and actions be slightly decent?"